Jackson House is a two-story
home consisting of twenty-four (24) rooms. The house is
located at 851 East Zack Street in downtown Tampa in close
proximity to the train station. The first known owner was
property is actual located in an area that is one of the
oldest black neighborhood in Tampa known as the “Scrub”.
Moses Jackson acquired the property from Ms. Allen in 1903.
He built his family home on that property. However, Mr.
Jackson realized that Africa American travelers had no place
to stay while visiting Tampa. He turned their home into
a downtown boarding home for travelers. It was also a place
for family employment for the ladies of their home. Thus
the house was given the name “Jackson House”.
From 1910 to 1929, Moses and his wife Sarah ran the Jackson
House until their deaths in 1929 and 1937, respectively.
The Jackson House was passed to their daughters and subsequently
to the youngest Jackson daughter. The house was then passed
on to the Robinson’s, Jacksons daughter and her spouse
Mr. Willie Robinson, Sr. who were the parents of Mr. Willie